Dermabond Advanced™ Topical Skin Adhesive Pen - DNX12
Current Expiration Date : 08-2025 and Later
- DERMABOND ADVANCED™ is intended for topical application only to hold closed easily approximated skin edges of wounds from surgical incisions, including punctures from minimally invasive surgery, and simple, thoroughly cleansed, trauma-induced lacerations
- DERMABOND ADVANCED™ may be used in conjunction with, but not in place of, deep dermal stitches
- Unique formulation with an easy-to-use applicator for precise control on wide and fine line applications
- DERMABOND ADVANCED™ has been shown in vitro to provide a microbial barrier that offers greater than 99% protection for 72 hours against the organisms most commonly associated with SSIs
- When used with sutures, DERMABOND ADVANCED™ was shown ex vivo to add 75% more strength to the wound closure than sutures alone
- Adhesive will slough off usually within 5 to 10 days
- DERMABOND ADVANCED™ Adhesive is supplied sterile, in a pre-filled, single-use applicator
- The pen style applicator consists of a crushable ampoule contained within a plastic applicator
- The applicator is supplied in a blister package to maintain the sterility of the device until opened or damaged
Dermabond is a type of medical glue that is used to close wounds or incisions. The active ingredient in Dermabond is cyanoacrylate, which is a type of synthetic adhesive. Cyanoacrylate is also commonly used in other types of adhesives, such as superglue.
In addition to cyanoacrylate, Dermabond also contains other ingredients that help to give the glue its unique properties. These may include plasticizers, stabilizers, and pigments, among others.
Overall, Dermabond is designed to provide a strong, flexible bond that can help to hold the edges of a wound or incision together while they heal. It is often used as an alternative to traditional sutures or staples, and can be particularly useful in situations where a quick, easy closure is needed.